Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Goat cheese and cream cheese melt seamlessly into a decadent fondue base with extra flavor from Swiss-style cheese.
1. Finely chop parsley, basil, and garlic. Place in bowl, and set aside.
2. Bring wine to a boil in fondue pot or medium saucepan. Simmer 5 minutes, or until reduced by half. Whisk in goat cheese and cream cheese, and cook 3 minutes, or until melted.
3. Whisk cornstarch into 1/4 cup milk in bowl. Whisk in remaining milk. Add milk mixture to goat cheese mixture, and cook 3 minutes, or until thickened, whisking constantly. Whisk in Comté cheese, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until smooth and all cheese has melted. Stir in herb mixture, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with Dippers.
- Calories 329
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 72 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 15 g
- Sodium Content 368 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g