Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The oven does all the work in this recipe. As the quince bakes, it fills the kitchen with delicious aromas.
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Arrange quince in baking dish.
2. Combine 1/2 cup honey, orange juice, ginger, and 1 cup water in saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute.
3. Pour honey mixture over quince, cover tightly with foil, and bake 1 to 1 1/2 hour, or until quince is pale pink and tender. Cool, covered, in baking dish.
4. Whisk together yogurt, remaining 6 Tbs. honey, and cardamom in small bowl.
5. Place 2 quince slices in each serving bowl. Top with 1/4 cup yogurt mixture. Drizzle with cooking juices.
- Calories 181
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 46 mg
- Sugar Content 35 g