Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This simple preparation is typical of a sunomono, any of a variety of vinegary cold dishes served as part of Japanese meals.
1. Cover wakame with hot water, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Place cucumber slices in colander, sprinkle with salt, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Cover cucumber slices with clean tea towel, and press down on cucumbers in colander to drain excess liquid.
3. Drain wakame, and transfer to medium bowl. Add cucumbers, vinegar, and sugar; mix well. Marinate 30 minutes or more, stirring several times.
4. Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before serving.
- Calories 53
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0.5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 289 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g