Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Preparing this pilaf in a skillet rather than a saucepan guarantees the quinoa and legumes cook evenly. Dried currants and balsamic vinegar give the meal a hint of sweet-and-sour flavor.
1. Heat 1 Tbs. olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup green onions; sauté 2 minutes. Add broth, lentils, and quinoa; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, partially covered, 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and let rest, covered, 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, toast pine nuts in small skillet over low heat 3 minutes.
3. Toss arugula with 2 Tbs. currants, 1 1/2 Tbs. toasted pine nuts, balsamic vinegar, and remaining 1 1/2 Tbs. oil in bowl. Serve lentil mixture over arugula mixture sprinkled with remaining green onions, currants, and pine nuts.
- Calories 481
- Carbohydrate Content 68 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 161 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g