Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The star ingredient of the old-fashioned malted milk shake, malted milk powder is made from barley malt, wheat, and milk. Here it comes together with ripe bananas for a delightful treat. The riper the bananas, the deeper the banana flavor. Roasting the bananas in their own skin further intensifies their flavor.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Place unpeeled bananas in large baking dish, and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until blackened and soft. Set aside 20 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
2. Remove and discard banana peels. Place bananas and any liquid from baking dish in blender along with remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth. Transfer to covered container, and refrigerate overnight.
3. Pour chilled ice cream base into ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Calories 221
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 16 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 248 mg
- Sugar Content 29 g