Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Served in a dessert goblet known as a coupe, this winter fruit salad gets extra grown-up flavor from the combination of tequila and lime. If the fruit macerates for longer than 1 hour, the juices will increasingly dilute the liquor. So taste before serving, and add more tequila for more kick and/or more lime juice for tartness.
1. Whisk together tequila, sugar, lime juice, orange juice concentrate, and salt in large, shallow bowl. Add mango, persimmons, kiwifruit, and diced pineapple. Chill at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
2. Pour kosher salt onto small plate. Dip 1 coupe or margarita glass into fruit and syrup to moisten rim, then dip rim into salt to coat. Repeat with remaining glasses.
3. Divide fruit and syrup among prepared glasses. Garnish each coupe with 2 pineapple slices and 1 lime wedge.
- Calories 270
- Carbohydrate Content 64 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0.5 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 40 mg
- Sugar Content 50 g