Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This rustic dough has the delectable flavor of corn tortillas. If fresh or dried masa harina is not available, increase the flour to 1 1/4 cups—the dough will still be supple and delicious without the toasted corn flavor. To shape crusts that are perfectly uniform and round, use a small salad plate as a guide to trim your rolled dough. For a more rustic look, leave the rough edges.
1. Combine flour, masa harina, and salt in bowl of food processor; pulse to combine. Add butter, and pulse 10 times. Add cream cheese, and pulse until dough comes together.
2. Shape dough into disc; cover with plastic wrap, and chill at least 1 hour.
3. Cut chilled dough into 4 equal pieces, and flatten into discs. Roll each disc into 1/8-inch-thick circle about 7 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Calories 224
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 47 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 165 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g