Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
We’ve provided instructions for having this pudding ready to eat in 30 minutes, but you could also just chill with plastic wrap pressed onto the surface.
1. Whisk together 1/4 cup coconut milk and cornstarch in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine remaining coconut milk, sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, and salt in saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk 1/4 cup hot mixture into cornstarch mixture to form slurry.
3. Whisk slurry into hot mixture, and cook 3 minutes, or until thickened, whisking constantly. Remove from heat, and whisk in chocolate and vanilla.
4. Transfer to metal bowl, and set in larger bowl filled with ice and water. Whisk occasionally to cool. Serve sprinkled with pinch of chili powder.
- Calories 285
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 95 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g