Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Blogger Hannah Kaminski invented this cake during what she describes as one very cold and difficult winter: “Lemons to me embody edible sunshine, so I just piled on the juice and zest.” If you can’t find Meyer lemons, substitute regular lemons.
1. To make Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour Bundt pan with margarine and 2 Tbs. flour.
2. Whisk together remaining 3 1/2 cups flour, ground flaxseeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; whisk to combine.
3. Whisk together soymilk, lemon zest, and lemon juice in bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Whisk in agave nectar and oil. Stir soymilk mixture into flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center of Cake comes out clean. Cool in pan, then unmold.
4. To make Icing: Blend all ingredients in blender 5 minutes. Strain through sieve, then drizzle over Cake.
- Calories 363
- Carbohydrate Content 53 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 225 mg
- Sugar Content 26 g