Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Cumin and coriander seeds give this classic salad a smoky flavor. You can use any nuts or dried fruit in place of the walnuts and dried cherries.
1. Toss carrots with lemon juice, apple juice and olive oil in medium bowl.
2. Combine walnuts, cumin seeds and coriander seeds in heavy skillet. Toast over medium-high heat 5 minutes, or until beginning to brown, stirring constantly.
3. Add walnut mixture, dried cherries, cilantro and cayenne, if desired, to carrot mixture. Season with salt and pepper, and serve garnished with cilantro sprigs.
- Calories 278
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 176 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g