Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Spain’s hot weather makes dessert a light affair – this moist cake fits the bill. Serve with light whipped cream.
1. To make Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Toast almonds in skillet over medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until browned. Cool.
2. Pulse almonds, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in food processor until almonds are finely ground.
3. Combine yogurt, oil, juice, zest and extracts in small bowl.
4. Beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer 5 minutes at high speed. Fold in 1/3 flour mixture. Add 1/2 yogurt mixture. Repeat with remaining flour and yogurt mixtures. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Unmold, and cool.
6. To make Glaze: Simmer juice and sugar in small pan 5 minutes.
7. Poke holes in top of cake with skewer. Brush syrup over cake. Cut into squares, and serve.
- Calories 144
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 40 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 131 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g