Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
These goodies get extra crunch and fiber from rolled oats. Feel free to stir in more add-ins, such as ½ cup chopped nuts, raisins, or even small candies.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Beat brown sugar, shortening, and oil with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add peanut butter, and beat until well combined. Stir together 5 Tbs. water and egg replacer powder in measuring cup. Beat egg replacer mixture and vanilla into brown sugar mixture until smooth.
2. Beat flour mixture into wet mixture, then add chocolate chips and mix until combined. Scoop 1-Tbs. dollops of dough 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten dough balls to ½-inch thickness with fingers.
3. Bake 12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown and dry on top. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Calories 148
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 97 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g