Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Pineapples and dates create a luscious filling for this dessert. Experiment with different fruit juices and with dried fruits other than dates.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. To make Filling: Stir together pineapple cubes, juice, dates, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom in medium saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 10 minutes, or until dates begin to break apart, stirring frequently.
3. To make Topping: Combine oats, flour, juice, brown sugar (if using), cinnamon, and cardamom in large bowl. Melt margarine and oil in small saucepan. Stir margarine mixture into oats mixture.
4. Spoon Filling into prepared baking dish. Spread Topping over Filling, and bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until Topping is golden brown.
- Calories 264
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 37 mg
- Sugar Content 26 g