Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Desserts don’t get faster or easier than this: Frozen fruit plus a food processor equal a refreshing sorbet.
1. Preheat oven to 300°F if using coconut chips. Spread on small baking sheet, and toast 5 to 10 minutes, or until light golden, stirring occasionally. Cool, and store in airtight container.
2. Pulse pineapple and sugar in food processor until finely chopped. Combine coconut milk and lime juice in small bowl. Pour coconut milk mixture gradually through feed tube, with machine running. Process until smooth and creamy, stopping once or twice to scrape down bowl.
3. Serve sorbet, garnished with coconut chips if desired. To store, transfer to airtight container, and freeze. Place in refrigerator 30 minutes before serving to soften slightly, or microwave at low (20%) power, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Calories 107
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 4 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g