Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This dessert can be prepared with whatever fruits are in season. We used plums, but you could also choose apples, pears, or frozen berries. Recipe by Carolyn Trompeter.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8-inch square baking pan with oil and flour, and set aside.
2. To make Plum Filling: Place apple juice in mixing bowl. Add arrowroot, and stir to dissolve. Add plums, and toss gently. Transfer to prepared pan, sprinkle with nutmeg, and set aside.
3. To make Crumble: Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl. Rub oil into mixture with your fingers, then drizzle in rice syrup while mixing with fork. Distribute evenly over Plum Filling.
4. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until topping is golden and fruit is bubbling. Serve warm.
- Calories 257
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 163 mg
- Sugar Content 19 g