Potato Salad with Mustard Greens
To achieve the best possible texture, both celery and potatoes are steamed for this salad.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Tip: Fold chopped leaves or whole baby leaves int bean, grain and potato salads.
- 3 Tbs. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 lb. red-skinned potatoes, quartered and sliced 3/4-inch thick
- 4 large celery stalks, sliced 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick (2 cups)
- 1 cup packed, coarsely chopped mustard greens (1 oz.)
- Whisk together vinegar and thyme in small bowl. Whisk in oil and mustard, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Stir in chopped onion. Marinate 20 minutes, tossing often.
- Meanwhile, steam potatoes 13 to 14 minutes, or until tender. Transfer steamer rack to work surface, and let potatoes cool 5 minutes.
- Toss potatoes with dressing in wide, shallow bowl. Cool 10 minutes, or until dressing is absorbed, tossing occasionally.
- Steam celery 6 minutes, or until only slight crunch remains. Cool briefly. Fold into potatoes. Fold in mustard greens. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories 164
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 86 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 86 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g