Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
A riff on the classic alpine favorite, this lightened-up fondue draws inspiration from southern France.
1. Heat oil in fondue pot or saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and salt. Cover, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened. Add tomatoes, garlic, herbes de Provence, pastis (if using), and sugar; bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl, and set aside.
2. Toss cheeses with cornstarch in bowl.
3. Add wine to fondue pot or saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until reduced by half. Stir in cheese mixture, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese is melted, stirring constantly. Stir in tomato mixture, and cook 2 minutes, or until Fondue bubbles. Serve with Dippers.
- Calories 259
- Carbohydrate Content 9 g
- Cholesterol Content 56 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 186 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g