Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This easy topping is sure to impress guests as a dramatic finish for ice cream. For everyday use, crumble brittle over yogurt, or shower it over baby greens with pears and blue cheese.
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, and grease with butter.
2. Combine sugar and 1/4 cup water in saucepan. Add corn syrup and butter, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat—watch carefully, as mixture will foam. Simmer 10 minutes, or until mixture turns light caramel color, swirling pot often. Remove from heat, and stir in baking soda and pumpkin seeds. Add dash of salt, if desired.
3. Pour onto prepared baking sheet, spreading with back of wooden spoon. Let cool and harden. Break into pieces, and store in airtight container.
- Calories 285
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 9 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 50 mg
- Sugar Content 28 g