Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
With this recipe, you’ll be able to serve dessert to a crowd in less than 20 minutes. You can change the flavor and texture of the trifle by the type of cake you choose: for the rich, eggy flavor typical of tiramisù, use yellow pound cake; for a light-as-air trifle, try angel food cake.
1. Combine mascarpone with 1/4 cup Marsala and sugar in medium bowl. Combine remaining Marsala with espresso in separate bowl.
2. Beat whipping cream with electric mixer in chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Fold cream into mascarpone mixture.
3. Spread 3 cups cake cubes in bottom of trifle bowl. Sprinkle with 2 Tbs. espresso-Marsala mixture. Top with one-third of mascarpone mixture. Sprinkle with one-third of grated chocolate. Repeat layering 2 more times with remaining ingredients, ending with grated chocolate.
- Calories 213
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 83 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g