Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This fluffy grain salad is so delicious it can stand on its own, but it’s especially good for soaking up the juices of grilled vegetables and tofu.
1. Toast pistachios in small skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, or until fragrant and golden brown. Transfer to cutting board, cool slightly, then chop and set aside.
2. Toast quinoa in heavy saucepan over medium heat 3 minutes, or until light brown and beginning to pop. Stir in salt and 2 cups water. Cover, and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Transfer to serving bowl, and let cool.
3. Add parsley, oil, lemon juice, mint and toasted pistachios to cooled quinoa. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand 20 minutes for flavors to develop. Adjust seasonings, adding a little more lemon juice, if necessary. Serve on bed of leaf lettuce, if desired.
- Calories 382
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 304 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g