Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Whole chia seeds add nutritional punch and crunch to these chocolate treats.
1. Place dates in bowl of food processor; purée until thick paste forms. Add cocoa powder, chia seeds, and vanilla and almond extracts, if using. Pulse until all ingredients are combined. Add almonds; pulse until nuts are finely chopped and well distributed through date mixture.
2. Spread large sheet of wax paper on work surface, and dust with oat flour, if using. Transfer date mixture to wax paper, and use paper to press mixture into ½-inch-thick rectangle. Wrap tightly, and chill overnight.
3. Unwrap block, and cut into 8 bars. Dust edges and sides with oat flour, if using, to prevent sticking. Rewrap each bar in wax paper.
- Calories 195
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 2 mg
- Sugar Content 22 g