Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The flavor-boosting secret to this salad is gingery prepared mango chutney. The sautéed seitan and shredded cabbage combination tastes great hot or cold.
1. To make Dressing: Blend chutney, peanut butter, and 1/3 cup water in blender until smooth. Set aside.
2. To make Salad: Heat 2 tsp. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add seitan, and season with salt, if desired. Sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned. Add garlic and remaining 1 tsp. oil, and sauté 30 seconds. Sprinkle with curry powder, and sauté 2 minutes more. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
3. Toss cabbage and cucumber with Dressing in large bowl. Top with warm seitan and green onions.
- Calories 330
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 587 mg
- Sugar Content 22 g