Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Zapping ricotta in a food processor with a little olive oil gives it a creamy, fluffy consistency. The recipe calls for just 1 cup of ricotta spread; use leftovers as a topping for crackers or crudités.
1. To make Jam: Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan, and smash berries with back of fork (mixture will still be chunky). Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes, or until mostly thickened but still slightly juicy. Cool, then refrigerate until ready to use.
2. To make Crostini: Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange baguette slices on baking sheet, and toast 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
3. Meanwhile, purée ricotta and oil in food processor until smooth. Add lemon zest and salt, and pulse until combined.
4. Spread each warm baguette slice with 1 Tbs. ricotta mixture, then top with 2 tsp. Jam, and garnish with lemon zest.
- Calories 89
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 159 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g