Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Hearty roasted and sliced portobello mushrooms make these sandwiches particularly satisfying.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush mushrooms with vinaigrette, place on baking sheet, and bake 15 minutes, turning once. Slice into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
2. Stir together butter, parsley, and garlic in bowl. Brush 4 bread slices with half of butter mixture, and set butter side down on baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle Gouda among bread slices on baking sheet. Top with mushroom strips, then arugula. Cover with remaining 4 bread slices. Brush sandwich tops with remaining butter mixture.
4. Heat large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Cook sandwiches in skillet 4 minutes, or until browned and crisp. Flip, and cook 3 minutes more, or until second side is browned.
- Calories 397
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 45 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 806 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g