Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The bright red tomatoes and deep green basil make this soup a colorful treat for company. For a spicy kick, add 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes to the tomatoes and broth.
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute, or until fragrant, stirring often.
2. Stir in tomatoes and broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered 25 minutes, or until soup thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in basil. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls.
- Calories 92
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 707 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g