Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Fresh ginger gives these dark, molasses-laced vegan gingerbread cookies a spicy kick.
1. To make Cookies: Whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and salt in bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream margarine, sugar, and vanilla with electric mixer 3 minutes, or until smooth.
3. Combine egg replacer and 2 Tbs. water in bowl, and add to sugar mixture. Add molasses, and beat until smooth. Beat in flour mixture until soft dough forms. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, or coat with cooking spray.
5. Place dough between two sheets of parchment or wax paper, and roll out to 1/4-inch thick.
6. Cut with 3-inch gingerbread-man cutter, and transfer to prepared baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges of Cookies begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets.
7. To make Frosting: Whisk together confectioners’ sugar, arrowroot, and 2 Tbs. water in small bowl. Transfer to pastry bag fitted with small round tip, and decorate Cookies with Frosting. Allow to set 30 minutes, then transfer to airtight container.
- Calories 115
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 135 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g