Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
30 minutes or fewer
If youre looking for a festive alternative to mashed sweet potatoes during the holidays, this recipe is just the ticket. Chianti is a dry Tuscan red wine made from a blend of Italian grapes. You can also use a Cabernet Sauvignon.
1. To make Roasted Sweet Potatoes: Preheat oven to 450F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Toss together potatoes, oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, red pepper flakes and pepper in large bowl. Spread potatoes in single layer on baking sheet, and bake 10 minutes. Turn potatoes with spatula, and bake 10 minutes more, or until browned on edges.
3. Meanwhile, make Red Wine Glaze: Simmer wine in small saucepan over medium heat 10 minutes, or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Whisk in honey and butter, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until thickened.
4. Transfer potatoes to serving dish, drizzle glaze over top, and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Calories 154
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 355 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g