Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Jamie Miller, an insurance agent from Napa, Calif., came up with this hearty soup for an Asian-themed dinner party. She suggests adding a dollop of sour cream if you want to tone down the spiciness.
1. Pour 4 cups boiling water over mushrooms in large bowl. Soak 30 minutes, and drain. Discard liquid, or reserve for another use.
2. Heat 1 tsp. sesame oil in large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallots, and sauté 7 minutes, or until edges of mushrooms and shallots begin to brown.
3. Whisk together remaining 2 tsp. sesame oil with soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sriracha in small bowl. Pour over mushrooms and shallots, mixing completely. Add broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Calories 176
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 0.5 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 665 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g