Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
If using frozen, shelled edamame, precook 1 1/4 cups according to package directions. One ounce of dried shiitake mushrooms equals four ounces of fresh shiitake mushrooms.
1. Combine dried mushrooms with boiling water in small saucepan. Bring to a second boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Set aside.
2. In medium-sized saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, scallions and carrots, and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Drain and slice shiitake mushrooms, discarding soaking liquid. Reduce heat to medium, and add shiitake and cremini mushrooms and asparagus to pan. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add edamame, soup mix, water, marjoram and thyme. Mix thoroughly, and stir in mustard and Bragg Liquid Aminos. Reduce heat to low, and cook 6 minutes, or just until vegetables are tender.
- Calories 96
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 308 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g