Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Limoncello, a bright-yellow lemon liqueur from Italy, is used to make a sweet, flavorful syrup that softens the ladyfingers in this recipe. Cointreau, Grand Marnier, amaretto, rum, or any other flavored alcohol—or good old lemon juice—could be substituted
1. Place 2 Tbs. sugar in small, heat-proof bowl. Pour 3 Tbs. boiling water over sugar, and stir until sugar has dissolved. Stir in limoncello. Cool.
2. Whisk together Greek yogurt and remaining 2 tsp. sugar.
3. Dip ladyfinger pieces in limoncello syrup, and arrange ladyfingers in bottoms of glasses. Spoon 1 Tbs. yogurt into each glass over ladyfingers.
4. Gently toss strawberries in remaining limoncello syrup, and arrange over yogurt. Spoon remaining yogurt on top, and sprinkle with pistachios. Serve with small spoons.
- Calories 78
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 61 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g