Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
“This recipe is quick and easy, relies on simple ingredients, and produces consistent results,” notes blogger Dynise Balcavage.
1. Drain squash in colander 30 minutes. Squeeze out liquid.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 18 muffin tins with cooking spray.
3. Stir together squash, sugar, soy flour, canola oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Add spelt flour, whole-wheat pastry flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir until just combined. Fold in raisins and nuts, if using.
4. Fill prepared muffin tins two-thirds full with batter. Bake 18 to 24 minutes, or until tops are golden brown, and toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool.
- Serving Size muffin
- Calories 224
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 337 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g