Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Mashed sweet potatoes keep these biscuits tender and low in fat, plus eliminate the need for eggs or dairy. For a more elegant look, roll out the dough and cut with a 2-inch round cutter.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine sweet potatoes, oil, syrup, vinegar, and salt in large bowl. Sift in flour, baking powder, and nutmeg.
3. Cut dry ingredients into sweet potato mixture with fork until mixture comes together. Stir in 2 to 3 Tbs. water, or enough to get dough to hold together.
4. Drop golf ball–size rounds of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned and firm to the touch. Serve warm.
- Calories 91
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3.5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 196 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g