Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This uniquely delicious dessert is bound to delight your guests.
1. To make Tangerine Syrup: Combine fresh tangerine juice and 3 Tbs. sugar in bowl until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
2. To make Cake: Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spread slivered almonds on baking sheet and toast in oven 7 minutes, or until browned. Chop fine, and set aside.
3. Coat 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Combine flour, cornmeal, rosemary, tangerine zest, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chopped almonds in bowl. Set aside. Beat sugar and butter with electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then sour cream. Beat in flour mixture until smooth. Spread in prepared pan, and bake 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Unmold, and invert on wire rack.
4. Poke holes all over top of cake with wooden skewer while still hot. Brush top and sides of cake with Tangerine Syrup until all syrup is absorbed. Cool.
5. To make Glaze: Blanch rosemary leaves 1 minute in boiling water. Drain, refresh under cold water, and pat dry. Whisk together remaining ingredients in bowl. Arrange rosemary leaves over top of cake. Spread Tangerine Glaze on top of cake with spatula. Let stand 2 hours before serving.
- Calories 241
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 66 mg
- Fat Content 9.5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4.5 g
- Sodium Content 135 mg
- Sugar Content 24 g