Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Delicately flavored white miso paste stands in for fish sauce in this classic Southeast Asian starter.
1. Soak shredded papaya 10 minutes in 3 cups cold water. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, purée lime juice, 1 Tbs. peanuts, garlic, miso, and brown sugar in food processor. Season with salt, if desired.
3. Combine miso mixture with papaya, green beans, and chile in large bowl. Add tomatoes, and mix gently. Sprinkle each serving with 1 Tbs. peanuts and 1 tsp. green onion (if using).
- Calories 129
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 92 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g