Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Tiziana Marchante, of Naples, Fla., created this recipe as an homage to her roots—she was born in Tunisia and raised in Provence, where refreshing rice salads are popular during summertime.
1. Cook rice according to package directions. Drain, and cool.
2. Meanwhile, place cucumbers in bowl, and sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
3. Place onion in separate bowl, sprinkle with salt, and set aside.
4. When rice is cool, toss together cucumbers, onion, bell peppers, apple, oil, lemon juice, mint, and olives (if using) in large bowl. Stir in rice, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve at room temperature, or chilled.
- Calories 256
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 203 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g