Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Cold salads are some of VT executive chef Ann Gentry’s favorite foods to make—and eat—at parties. The secret to this one? A killer dressing with just enough sweetness and tang.
1. To make Two-Bean Salad: Fill large pot with 1 inch water and set steamer basket in pot. Cover, and bring water to a boil. Place green beans in steamer basket. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and steam 2 to 3 minutes, or until green beans are crisp-tender. Cool.
2. Toss green beans with all remaining salad ingredients in large serving bowl.
3. To make Tarragon Dressing: Blend vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, garlic, salt, and pepper in blender or food processor until smooth. With machine running, gradually add oil and tarragon through feed tube, and blend until smooth. Pour dressing over salad, and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature.
- Calories 161
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9.5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 359 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g