Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Christina Kaoh doesn’t let her graduate studies at Harvard get in the way of cooking. She developed this recipe for the birthday of a friend.
1. To make Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray. Mash thawed banana in large bowl. Whisk in sugar, oil, and carrots. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in separate bowl. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture, until no lumps remain. Fold in raisins and walnuts.
2. Pour cake batter into prepared baking pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Transfer to wire rack, and cool completely.
3. To make Icing: Whisk together confectioners’ sugar, margarine, vanilla, and 2 Tbs. water in bowl, adding more water, if necessary, to achieve drizzling consistency. Drizzle Icing over Cake when cooled.
- Calories 222
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 205 mg
- Sugar Content 26 g