Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Recent college grad Natalie Padilla gets an A+ for this hearty veg version of a Vietnamese banh mi, which she whipped up after eating a less-than-thrilling tofu sandwich in Boston’s Chinatown.
1. Combine carrots and lime juice in small bowl, and let stand 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Whisk together mayonnaise and sriracha in separate bowl, and set aside.
3. Cook Chick’n Strips according to package directions.
4. Cut baguette into 6 pieces, and halve each piece lengthwise. Toast baguette pieces open-faced under broiler 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned but still soft.
5. Spread mayonnaise mixture atop baguette pieces. Place marinated carrots on baguette bottoms, then add cilantro and Chick’n Strips. Drizzle with remaining marinating liquid.
- Calories 301
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 696 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g