You’ll Like This Whole30 Approved Muhammara Dip Even If You’re Not Doing Whole30
This version of the Syrian roasted red pepper dip is sweetened with a date to avoid refined sugars.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
If you’re planning to take part in the new plant-based Whole30 program, you’re going to need some recipes to get you through the month. This one comes directly from Whole30’s own Melissa Urban who created it for her 2019 book, The Whole30 Friends & Family. It’s an approved for Whole30 muhammara dip that meets all the guidelines for the eating plan – but will appeal to anybody in your household and will probably become a go-to even after you’ve reintroduced some foods back into your diet. The secret to this subtly-sweet dip is a date which replaces the pomegranate syrup found in many muhammara recipes.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
White Bean and Artichoke Hummus with Roasted Garlic
Butternut Squash Hummus
Creamy Kale Dip with Za’atar Pita Chips
Whole30 Muhammara Dip
Recipe excerpted from The Whole30 Friends & Family © 2019 by Melissa Hartwig Urban. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained (12 to 15 oz)
- ½ cup walnuts, toast
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp salt a
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground Aleppo pepper or ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil + additional for drizzling
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- veggies for dipping, such as jicama sticks, mini bell peppers and radishes
1. To a food processor, add peppers, walnuts, almond flour, lemon juice, garlic, date, cumin, salt, black pepper and Aleppo pepper.
2. Process until well blended. With motor running, stream in oil and process until smooth.
3. Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with additional oil. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with vegetables.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 204
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 193 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g