Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Za’atar adds so much flavor to this tartine you could easily skip the cheese.
1. Preheat oven to broil. Toss together tomatoes, arugula, and shallot in large bowl. Add oil, lemon juice, and 1 tsp. Za’atar; toss to coat. Set aside.
2. Spread chèvre on bread slices, and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle each bread slice with 1 tsp. Za’atar. Broil 2 to 3 minutes, or until bread is crisp and Za’atar darkens.
3. Place 2 bread slices on each plate. Top each with 1/4 cup tomato-arugula mixture.
- Calories 256
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 13 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 495 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g