Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Canned chickpeas and artichoke hearts are the quick-fix secrets to this sandwich spread, which works beautifully with the crunchy slaw. These ingredients travel easily for an afternoon picnic—wrap fillings and tortillas separately and let each diner assemble his or her own sandwich.
1. Make artichoke spread: In food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and 2 tablespoons water. Process until mixture is almost smooth but retains some texture and is slightly thicker than hummusif necessary, add more water by teaspoon to thin. Adjust seasonings to taste. Set aside or refrigerate if not using right away.
2. In medium bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, yogurt, parsley, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. In large skillet, warm each tortilla over medium heat just until soft and flexible, about 1 minute per side. Spread some artichoke mixture over each tortilla, leaving 1/2-inch border. Top with cabbage mixture, dividing equally. Fold bottom end of tortilla partially over filling, then roll into a bundle and serve.
- Calories 395
- Carbohydrate Content 57 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 662 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g