Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- To make Sauce: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- To make Tempura: Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven to 365°F.
- Whisk together rice flour and salt in large bowl. Add beer, and whisk to form smooth batter.
- Working in several small batches, dip asparagus and onion rings into batter to coat, then use tongs to lower vegetables into oil. Deep-fry vegetables 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Using tongs, transfer vegetables to paper towels to drain.
- Divide Tempura among 4 plates. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with Sauce.
- Serving Size 3 aparagus spears and 3 onion rings
- Calories 375
- Carbohydrate Content 59 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 542 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g