Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Summer plums, bay leaves, and black peppercorns are simmered together for a dark-and-spicy variation on the classic peach Bellini. The syrup will keep up to a week in the fridge. For a nonalcoholic version, top with sparkling water.
1. Combine plums, sugar, peppercorns, bay leaves, and 1 cup water in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until plums are soft. Remove from heat, and let cool.
2. Strain plum mixture, pressing down on solids to extract liquid. Discard solids. Stir in lemon juice.
3. To serve: Pour 1/4 cup plum syrup into each of 8 glasses. Top each with 2/3 cup Prosecco.
- Calories 215
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0.5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 0.5 mg
- Sugar Content 25 g