Blueberry Yogurt Cake with Lemon Glaze
If you’ve ever delighted in one of those big glazed slices of cake sold in the case at coffee shops, you’ll love this recipe.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil
- 2 Tbs. Cointreau liqueur, optional
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 7 oz. low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. Cointreau liqueur, optional
1. To make Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
2. Sift together 1 cup plus 3 Tbs. flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Beat brown sugar; oil; Cointreau, if using; and vanilla in separate bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs. Alternately add flour mixture and yogurt to egg mixture until combined.
3. Toss blueberries with remaining 1 Tbs. flour, and fold into batter. Pour into prepared pan, and bake 70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
4. To make Glaze: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl. If not using Cointreau, add 1 Tbs. water.
5. Unmold Cake, and poke top all over with wooden skewer. Brush Cake with Glaze. Cool completely before serving.
- Calories 205
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 36 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 211 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g