Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Feature luscious summertime eggplants as a light main course, and dress them up with chopped tomatoes, sprinkles of Gorgonzola cheese and capers.
1. Preheat oven to broil. Line baking dish with foil, and set aside.
2. Arrange eggplant slices in dish, and brush tops with 2 Tbs. pesto. Broil until tops begin to brown and eggplant begins to soften, 3–5 minutes. Turn over using a spatula, and spread remaining pesto on second sides. Broil about 5 minutes more. Remove from oven.
3. To serve, arrange eggplant steaks on individual plates, and top each with equal amounts of tomatoes, Gorgonzola cheese and capers. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Calories 245
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 24 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 773 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g