Camp Cooking: Roasted Tomato and Pepper Pasta with Lemon Butter Sauce
Elevate your campsite or cabin dinner with this simple but satisfying pasta
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This roasted tomato and pepper pasta recipe comes from a collection of camp-out ready meals created by Holly Priestley. Holly knows a bit about eating well with minimal kitchen facilities: She’s been traveling the U.S. living the Van Life since 2018. Learn more about Holly and her journey here.
I love camping. I hate most ‘camping food.’ I’m sharing a few of my go-to recipes that show how a few ingredients can be made into a variety of different entrees over the course of an outdoor weekend with slightly different ratios and seasonings.
To enjoy this meal at your campsite or cabin, you’ll need to pack the following equipment (don’t worry, it’s a short list):
Medium or large pot or saucepan
Cast iron skillet
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Artichoke Kale Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Italian Pasta with Veggies
Green Pasta Primavera
Roasted Tomato and Pepper Pasta with Lemon Butter Sauce
- 2 ounces (by weight) pasta of your choice
- 1 tablespoon butter or alternative
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Anaheim pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta in medium pot according to directions.
- Drain pasta and place in mixing bowl or return to pot. Add 1 Tbsp. butter, stir, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in your well-loved cast iron on medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and pepper.
- Sear tomato and pepper until slightly blackened.
- Mix tomato and pepper with pasta, add lemon pepper seasoning.
- Add salt if needed. Enjoy.
Cook’s Note: To mix it up, you could add different herbs – basil, oregano, parsley, etc – or different veggies like broccoli or asparagus.