Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Onions, soy sauce, and sizzled garlic dress up chunks of grilled eggplant.
1. Preheat grill or preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Grill eggplants whole or broil on baking sheet 8 to 10 minutes, turning several times, or until charred on all sides. Cool.
3. Heat oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute, or until light brown. Transfer to paper towel to drain.
4. Stir together soy sauce and sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
5. Peel eggplants, and cut into chunks. Transfer to platter. Drizzle eggplant with soy sauce mixture and Spring Onion Oil, and dot with Chile-Garlic Paste. Top with sizzled garlic.
- Calories 149
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 155 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g