Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Tomatoes are baked with summer squash under a blanket of crispy breadcrumbs.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat butter in skillet over medium heat until melted. Pour 2 Tbs. butter over breadcrumbs in bowl. Stir in parsley.
3. Return skillet to burner, and increase heat to medium-high. Add onion, and cook 7 to 9 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Stir in squash, and cook 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and garlic, and cook 2 minutes more, or until tomatoes are warmed through. Season with salt, if desired. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top. Spread breadcrumb mixture over cheese. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Serve hot.
- Calories 215
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 187 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g