Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
These chimichurri tofu skewers are one of those dishes that’s so simple, yet so flavorful and satisfying – exactly what we want when we’re making a late-summer meal on the grill. The sauce here gets a little extra kick from jalapeño-infused oil, which also serves as the marinade for the tofu. If you’re going to be skewering regularly – and we certainly hope you will – it’s worth it to spend a few dollars on a set of reusable skewers.
Sure, you could just drop a mushroom cap or pre-packed veggie burger patty on the grill, but in just seconds more, you can bring this polished dish to the table.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Avocado Chimichurri Bruschetta
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Watercress Chimichurri
Tomato-Summer Squash Skewers
Chimichurri Tofu Skewers
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Halve tofu crosswise, and slice each half into 8 rectangles. Pat dry, transfer to shallow dish, and set aside.
- Finely chop enough parsley leaves to equal 1/2 cup, and set aside. Add parsley stems to small saucepan with jalapeño and oil, and bring just to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat, and simmer 2 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Strain and discard solids from oil. Cool oil completely.
- Pour 2 Tbs. infused oil over tofu. Gently turn tofu to coat with oil; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Marinate 15 minutes, turning once.
- Whisk together remaining infused oil, vinegar, and chopped parsley leaves. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Thread each tofu rectangle on 7-inch bamboo skewer. Grill 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until slightly charred and beginning to crisp.
- Remove skewers to platter, and spoon chimichurri over tofu.
- Calories 58
- Carbohydrate Content 0.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 7 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g