Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Sandy Finley’s grandmother, who hailed from a Midwest farm, taught her to make this creamy dish. It was a favorite in the early fall, when fresh corn was abundant. Finley recommends pairing the casserole with a spinach salad topped with sweet balsamic vinaigrette.
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly coat 9×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray, and set aside.
2. Beat together eggs and milk; fold in breadcrumbs, margarine and sugar. Fold in corn. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour into prepared baking dish, and bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until firm and set. Serve.
- Calories 326
- Carbohydrate Content 55 g
- Cholesterol Content 108 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 427 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g